Ejecting a disk from most computer manufacturers is simple, but MacBook is no different. However, if you hooked up an external drive of any sort, ejecting the disk becomes trickier. Following is an example:
"I inserted a CD into my Mac, and now I can't figure out how to eject it. Where is the eject button?"
A Mac doesn't have an external eject button on its CD/DVD drive. Instead, it offers several options for ejecting a CD or DVD. Here are the most common.
Using the Menu Bar
1. Close or minimize all windows so the desktop is clearly visible. On the desktop, there will be an icon that gives the name of the disk you want to eject.
2. Click once on the icon. This highlights it.
3. Move the mouse to the menu bar at the top of the screen, and click once on "File." A drop-down menu appears, offering options such as "New Finder ", "New Folder", "New Smart Folder" and so on. Many of these options might be grayed out, which means they are unavailable.
4. Select the "Eject" option from the list, you may have to scroll down a bit to see this option. The disk should now slide out of the drive.
Using the Keyboard
1. Close or minimize all your windows for a clear view of the desktop.
2. Click once on the icon of the disk you want to eject.
3. Hold down the "Apple" (or "Command") key and the "E" key simultaneously on the keyboard. The disk then slides out of the drive.
Using the Mouse
1. Close or minimize all windows for a clear view of the desktop.
2. Move the mouse's pointer over the icon for the disk on the desktop.
3. Click and hold the mouse button. The icon for the disk should highlight.
4. Continue to hold down the mouse button, and drag the icon of the disk to the trash can in the dock, which is usually located at the bottom of the screen.
5. Release the mouse button when the icon of the disk is hovering over the trash can. The disk then slides out of the drive.
Using disk ejector
EaseUS CleanGenius is a disk ejector for Mac which can eject the mounted devices, like external storage disks, CD and DVD disks, SuperDrive, network storage, disk images.
With EaseUS CleanGenius, you can also safely remove gigabytes of junk and get a clean Mac for system optimization.
Thanks for visiting EaseUS, please share your experience with us, which will help us improve this article and make it more useful to others. Should you need technical support please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.