Mac OS X v10.7 "Lion" was released on July 20, 2011. It includes support for the Mac App Store, and brings many other developments made in Apple's iOS, such as an easily-navigable display of installed applications (Launchpad) and (a greater use of) multi-touch gestures, to the Mac. This release removed Rosetta, making it incapable of running PowerPC applications.
1. Go through your application folder, removing all unused applications.
2. Remove all localization files not used for your language, this can free up to 2GB of space.
3. Open iPhoto and delete photos you no longer need. iPhoto has its own application trash so remember to empty that.
4. Open iTunes and delete all of the music and podcasts you no longer need.
5. Go through your Documents, Movies, and Pictures folder, deleting any junk you no longer use.
6. Clear out old email messages in Mail or other email program.
7. Go to ~/Library/Caches/, and delete anything you see from applications you no longer have installed. Repeat the process in ~/Library/Preferences/.
8. Go to ~/Library/Safari/, and delete the "Icons" folder.
9. If you don't need it, remove the Xcode installer, located in /Applications/Installers/.
10. Remove unnecessary iChat icons from ~/Pictures/iChat Icons/.
Once you have done everything on the list, you should have a nice, clean hard drive, with plenty of free space. However, it is time-consuming job and hard to operate by yourself. With the help of Mac cleanup software, everything is easy.
Clean up Mac fast: You can free more space on your Mac disk keeping your Mac healthy at all times. With a simple click from the utility, all junk files (System Caches, User Caches, System Logs, User Logs, User Downloads, Trash, Safari Internet Cache and more) will be removed in just a matter of seconds.
Monitor disk space: It will show you the disk space available and will alert you in advance if the disk space is already running low. You can clean or move files to free up disk space to ensure that your Mac is running smoothly.
Disk ejector: Using this one will allow you to eject the mounted drives, such as external storage disks, CD and DVD disks, SuperDrive, network storage and disk images.
Mac Uninstaller: "Uninstall Applications" safely and completely remove applications and their components, preferences, log files, etc. Select an application, just one click, the application and its additional components will be removed.
Duplicates Finder: Duplicate files have the identical contents and waste the precious disk space. CleanGenius can easily find and remove duplicate files to reclaim the wasted disk space.
Disk Usage: Visualize the size of your files & folders and remove the unwanted large files to free up more disk space.
Free Memory: When the free memory of your Mac is insufficient, you can easily use CleanGenius to free memory and speed up your Mac for better performance.
Set Login Items: Unneeded applications may auto run every time when you start Mac. This will reduce your Mac performance. If you don't want an application to start every time you launch your Mac, just open CleanGenius and disable the startup items you find annoying.
EaseUS CleanGeniu offers an easy way to clean the caches, logs, system junk files, Safari Internet Cache and more just by one click for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.7 Lion. It thus offers an easy way to keep your Mac clean and healthy and lets it run smoother and faster. All types of Mac machine are supported like Mac Mini, Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iMac, Mac Pro. You can free download this Mac cleanup software to get your Mac clean and healthy in seconds.
Thanks for visiting EaseUS, please share your experience with us, which will help us improve this article and make it more useful to others. Should you need technical support please feel free to contact email@example.com.