Mac OS X v10.7 "Lion" was released on July 20, 2011. It includes support for the Mac App Store, and brings many other developments made in Apple's iOS, such as an easily-navigable display of installed applications (Launchpad) and (a greater use of) multi-touch gestures, to the Mac. This release removed Rosetta, making it incapable of running PowerPC applications.
1. Go through your application folder, removing all unused applications.
2. Remove all localization files not used for your language, this can free up to 2GB of space.
3. Open iPhoto and delete photos you no longer need. iPhoto has its own application trash so remember to empty that.
4. Open iTunes and delete all of the music and podcasts you no longer need.
5. Go through your Documents, Movies, and Pictures folder, deleting any junk you no longer use.
6. Clear out old email messages in Mail or other email program.
7. Go to ~/Library/Caches/, and delete anything you see from applications you no longer have installed. Repeat the process in ~/Library/Preferences/.
8. Go to ~/Library/Safari/, and delete the "Icons" folder.
9. If you don't need it, remove the Xcode installer, located in /Applications/Installers/.
10. Remove unnecessary iChat icons from ~/Pictures/iChat Icons/.
Once you have done everything on the list, you should have a nice, clean hard drive, with plenty of free space. However, it is time-consuming job and hard to operate by yourself. With the help of Mac cleanup software, everything is easy.
Fast Clean: Find and remove junk files (including system caches, user caches, system logs, user logs, user downloads, trash, safari Internet cache, etc.) to free up disk space and keep your Mac in health. Just by one click, the junk files will be removed in seconds.
App Uninstaller: Safely and completely remove applications and their components, preferences, log files, etc. Select an application, just one click, the application and its additional components will be removed.
Free Space Monitor: Show total disk space & free disk space and warn you when disk space is running low, then you can clean your Mac in time to reclaim the wasted disk space.
Disk Ejector: Unlike many PCs, Macs don't have a manual eject button on their CD/DVD drives. You can eject a CD or DVD from a Mac using EaseUS CleanGenius, external storage drive, CD/DVD, SuperDrive, network storage device, disk image, etc. are all supported.
Thanks for visiting EaseUS, please share your experience with us, which will help us improve this article and make it more useful to others. Should you need technical support please feel free to contact email@example.com.